Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Do you consider the environment before buying?

Do you consider the environment before buying?
Shopping impacts the
environment
There are certain things that I refuse to buy. For example, high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated oils are banned from my shopping basket because I believe them to be unhealthy.

Other items, like bottled water and commercial cleansers, are off my list because they hurt the environment.

Over time, I have researched products and now go to the market armed with a list of things I consider safe ... for me and the environment.

So when I read a question about actively thinking about the impact of purchases, it "stopped me in my tracks".

Considering our environmental impact is more than just choosing safe products. It includes determining actual need (vs. want), thinking about the company who made the product and their Eco-policies, and considering the distance the product traveled from its manufacturing point to our market shelves. It includes thinking beyond the use of the product ... its life cycle and what happens to it once it is disposed of.

In other words, thinking about our shopping's impact is about the big picture.

That's the focus of this month's survey:

Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey , the world's leading questionnaire tool.

Join us on May 27th when we'll reveal the results of this survey.


Sneak Peek: Were CTWW participants able to ban circling? Find out tomorrow!


Image courtesy of Teerapun / FreeDigitalPhotos.net