Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Time to say Goodbye

Recently, writers of several television programs have announced the end of the series. When asked why, they replied that "it was time".

That is how I feel about Reduce Footprints ... it's time for me to end the series.

It's been a terrific run. Since 2008, generous readers have shared their knowledge and experiences with me. In turn, I've tried to research various issues and open them up for discussion. Together we've done our best to live a green life and encourage others to do the same.

We have much to be proud of.

While there is, and will always be, more to say about the environment and green living, I've chosen to step back.

So what's next for me and Reduce Footprints?

The Reduce Footprints blog will stay right here. There are reviews, recipes, guest posts, and many other articles which will always be available. I won't, however, be publishing any new content. In the future, should I find that I want to start a new blog or start writing again, I'll announce it here. But in all honesty, I don't see that happening.

For my part, I'm going to get away from the computer and head outdoors. Becoming a home owner and having over one hectare of land has breathed new enthusiasm into my life. I want to garden and forage for edible foods. I want to be close to the land and discover nature in all it's glory. And that takes time ... time which, until today, has generally been spent on research, words, and maintaining an online presence.

I'll occasionally be online, visiting your sites, and will always be open to emails from you should you have a question or just want to say "hi".

So this is goodbye!

Thank you all for a fabulous seven years!

I wish you happiness, joy, and wonderful "green" surprises around every corner!

Reduce Footprints says Goodbye!



Affectionately yours,

Cyndi